Downloaders, this is not a drill – there’s ONE WEEK to go until Download 2019! To help you get planning for the most rockin’ weekend of the summer, we’ve put together these FAQ’s of everything you need to know to prepare. Travel info, box office times, what not to bring – it’s all here.
how do i get to download?
Download takes place in Donington Park, which is easy to get to by road or rail. Not sorted your travel yet? Take a look at the options below.
Save money, make friends and go green with our official travel partner Big Green Coach. They provide both weekend and day return services from a wide range of locations across the UK. Visit their website now to find out more.
The mainline railway stations are East Midlands Parkway and Derby.
Notts and Derby are running a shuttle bus service to and from East Midlands Parkway and Derby station to Download Festival. It takes just 20 minutes to get to Donington Park from East Midlands Parkway and 30 minutes from Derby Station. A return ticket is just £10.
For more information and timetables please visit our Travel Info section.
We have routes from North, South, East and West to get you to site. These will be used flexibly depending on traffic conditions at the time so make sure you follow the signs and not your sat nav.
There are roadworks near Donington Park and so we will be reacting to live traffic conditions and changing routes live and using contingencies so we can’t stress enough – follow the signage!
When leaving, please follow signs and use routes that avoid the busiest area which will be J23a of the M1.
BY CAR SHARE
Car sharing is a fun, easy, cheap and sustainable way to travel! If you’re travelling to the festival by car, sign up to Download Liftshare to offer your empty seats and get FREE access to our priority car park to get you closer to the action! If you’re looking for a lift, you can also sign up to find a match with someone going your way.
I’m driving to Download, what car parks are available on site?
Due to the current weather conditions all camping and non camping ticket holders should now park in the SOUTH car park.
DO I NEED A CAR PARK PASS?
If you are driving to Download you’ll need to purchase a pass for parking. One pass provides access to parking for one car for the duration of the event.
Advanced car parking passes are no longer available. On the day Car Parking Passes will be available on site for £25.00.
i haven’t received my ticket yet, what now?
Tickets can arrive up to 5 days before the festival. If you’ve not received your ticket by this time you’ll need to contact the ticket agent you booked with.
If you booked your ticket with FrontGate/Ticketmaster then please call 0333 003 5937. If you booked via a different ticket agent then please contact them directly.
Can i upgrade my ticket on site?
Yes, you can upgrade the following at the box office:
- 3 Night Camping to 5 Night Camping (Adult) – £30
- 3 Night Camping to 5 Night Camping (Child) – £15
- Arena Only to 3 Night Camping (Adult) – £45
- Arena Only to 3 Night Camping (Child) – £20
- Arena Only to 5 Night Camping (Adult) – £55
- Arena Only to 5 Night Camping (Child) – £25
- Day Ticket to 3 Night Camping (Adult) – £150
- Day Ticket to 3 Night Camping (Child) – £80
- Day Ticket to 5 Night Camping (Adult) – £160
- Day Ticket to 5 Night Camping (Child) – £85
- Day Ticket to Weekend Arena Only (Adult) – £115
- Day Ticket to Weekend Arena Only (Child) – £70
- Guest Area Upgrade – TBC
What time does the box office open?
The onsite box office will be open at the following times:
- Wednesday 8am – Midnight
- Thursday 8am – Midnight
- Friday 8am – Midnight
- Saturday 8am – 9pm*
- Sunday 8am – 9pm*
- Monday – CLOSED
* Estimate time – box office will close half an hour after the headline act starts.
Times are subject to change.
what changes have been made to the site this year?
A number of changes have been made to the festival site this year, so even if you’re a seasoned Downloader it’s worth checking out the Download 2019 map. Changes to the site include:
- The Village has moved to a more central location within the campsites
- New devoted entrance for day visitors and non-camping weekend ticket holders.
- Dedicated car park for weekend campers.
- WWE NXT UK Live Arena has moved closer to the guest area
- The cinema has moved outdoors to a new location in the campsite village and is called Metal Movies
- Green and White Campsites have now merged with the Blue campsites
- Campsite Showers are now located in the Gold Campsite
- Toilets in the arena and campsites are now split by gender. Gender neutral toilets are also available.
what time do the campsites open?
The general campsites open at 12pm Wednesday 12th June and close 12pm Monday 17th June.
which campsite can i camp in?
All of our general admission campsites are on a first come first served basis. You must have a quiet camping ticket to access quiet camping and an Eco Camp ticket to access the Eco Campsite.
RIP customers and Access customers have separate campsites.
View the Download map to see the location of all of the campsites.
What types of vehicles are admitted into the Campervan site?
Only the following campervan vehicles will be allowed into the campervan site:
- Motor home
- Trailer tent
Your vehicle must fit within the allocated a pitch measuring 9 metres by 7 metres.
Purpose built vehicle with camping facilities within, vans with mattresses or bunk bed facility , cars people carriers and vans are not permitted.
If you do not know whether your vehicle is suitable for access to the Campervan Site, please purchase a Campervan Ticket and then send a picture of your vehicle to [email protected]
i’m packing for the festival, what can i bring?
It’s good to check our list of ‘Things You Can/Can’t Bring‘ to Download before you pack as there are certain items you can’t bring into the arena or the campsite. For example, you can bring Gel or Firelighter stoves into the campsite, but not Gas stoves or canisters. And, you can bring cutlery and camping equipment into the campsite, but not the arena.
Please bring a durable tent that you take home with you and reuse again, say no to single use!
Visit the Event Info page for a full list of what you can and can’t bring into the campsite and/or arena.
what time does the arena open each day?
The arena will open at the following times:
Friday – 12.00pm
Saturday – 10.00am
Sunday – 10.00am
*Please note these times are approximate and subject to Health And Safety checks prior to each opening.
where can i find set times?
Get the Download App to be the first to know when your favourite bands will be playing and to get the latest updates when you’re at the festival. The times will be added to the app closer to the festival.
do i need to bring Id with me?
A valid form of ID may be needed throughout the event. We have a Challenge 21 Policy on site and the following are accepted as ID on site for the bars and cigarettes:
- A Passport (Not a photocopy)
- Full Driving Licence or Provisional Licence
- A Proof of Age Card bearing a PASS hologram
- Ministry of Defence identity card
- A National Identity card issued by an EU member state
are there bag restrictions and searches?
Your safety is our priority and we’ve put in place all necessary measures to maximise public safety, working closely with local authorities at the highest level. We ask that you also play a part in keeping Download Festival safe and secure, so please take note of our messages below, pack accordingly and stay strong together.
All festival goers will be subject to extra searches of their vehicles, bags and their person. Please be patient if there are longer queues than normal. We request that you cooperate with any security requests and searches. Please pack light!
CCTV recording is in operation throughout the festival site for public safety and crime prevention.
We strongly advise you do not bring a bag into the Arena as there will be long queues while all bags are searched. If you do wish to bring a bag into the Arena please ensure that it is no bigger than A4 sized 8.27”x 11.69”. There is a limited to one A4 sized bag per person permitted into the Arena.
i’ve been accepted for the download 2019 loyalty scheme. how do i claim my vouchers?
Once at Download, bring your QR Code to the Loyalty Cabin and join the queue which matches the value of Download Pounds you’ve been rewarded (e.g. If rewarded £20 – Join the £20 queue).
Next, show your unique QR Code to the Loyalty Team. This can either be on your mobile (ideally) or printed out. You must also bring valid Photo ID.
The Loyalty Cabin is located to your left as you enter the Main Arena.
The Loyalty Cabin will be open between the following times on each day:
- Friday: 10am – 6pm
- Saturday: 10am – 1pm
- Sunday: 10am – 1pm
*NOTE: Times are TBC and subject to change, correct times for each day will be displayed at the Loyalty Cabin.
Please see the Loyalty Scheme FAQ’s for more info.
can i bring alcohol into the arena?
You can bring alcohol into the campsite, but not into the arena. Alcohol is available for purchase at the bars in the arena.
can i bring water into the arena?
We encourage you to bring empty sports or metal refillable bottles of any size to refill at the water points inside the arena for free. Plus, you can bring any under 500ml sealed or empty plastic water bottles to refill, these must be sealed and untampered with.
How are you helping to reduce single use plastic at the festival?
Here’s what we’ve put in place to work towards eliminating single use plastic at the festival. We’re asking Downloaders to please work with us and dispose of what plastic is on site responsibly:
- Please minimise the single use plastic you bring! We encourage you to bring empty sports or metal refillable bottles of any size to refill at the water points inside the arena for free. Plus, you can bring any under 500ml sealed or empty plastic water bottles to refill, these must be sealed and untampered with.
- Plastic cutlery will not be allowed in the main arena
- You are welcome to bring your own refillable bottle to Download to refill at the arena water stations, they are also available for sale in the merch stalls
- All our water bottles will be made from recycled plastic, which supports the UK recycling industry
- All trader soft drinks will be served from cans and decanted into paper cups in the arena
- All bottled alcoholic drinks will be decanted into cups so we can manage the plastic disposal responsibly
- We use reusable cups at the arena bars with a £2 deposit
- All paper cups and bottles in the arena have a 10p deposit included in the price which you can redeem at the refund points in the arena (minimum 10 for £1)
- In the campsite any bottles bought in the Co-op Supermarket can be redeemed for 10p in the Co-op’s instore reverse vending machine
- We have banned single use plastic cutlery and serveware since 2016
Visit our Green page for more information about our sustainability initiatives.
what food is available on site?
Get the Download App to discover all of the delicious food available in the arena and the Village. There’s also a Co-Op pop up shop on site to get meal deals and more!
how can i pay on site?
Bars and merchandise stands will accept debit and credit cards, contactless, and cash, as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay. A number of the food stalls will also accept contactless and card payments. The stalls should show this at the front of their activation. The remainder of the food stalls and the funfair will take cash only.