Fancy seeing Def Leppard, Slipknot and Tool this summer? Volunteer with Hotbox Events at Download, and you’ll get to see our three fantastic headliners, as well as many other bands across the weekend. But it’s not just about the bands – there’s loads of awesome reasons to get involved.
meet like-minded people and make new mates
Volunteering at Download means you’ll get to meet a bunch of new people – who love live music, just like you! You’ll work in a team with other volunteers, and get to camp alongside each other in a dedicated staff campsite, so you’re guaranteed to make lots of new pals.
it’s brilliant work experience
Looking to pursue a career in the music or events industry? Volunteering at Download will look great on your CV. It’s an easy way to get hands on experience in a variety of areas, as volunteers get involved in all kinds of stuff at the festival, such as:
- Providing information including directions, facilities, and performances, to ensure the festival goers have the best weekend possible.
- Working on the festival’s campsites, arenas, on gates, fire towers, and wristband exchanges.
- Being proactive and alert to any potential problems e.g a build-up of litter or faulty facilities.
- Promoting crime awareness and crime prevention to the public.
- Helping festival goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents.
- Working with onsite teams to ensure medical, fire and security issues are dealt with promptly and safely.
- Helping to prevent overcrowding and on hand to monitor crowd safety.
- Assisting the public to create an environment where they feel safe.
rock out at the festival during your time off
Every festival volunteer works a total of 3 x 8-hour shifts (24 hours throughout the festival), so you’ll have loads of free time to check out what’s on offer over the weekend. Hang out with your new mates, head down to the Village, and of course, mosh your heart out to your favourite bands.
Be a part of the uk’s premier rock festival!
Every year, volunteers play a vital role in making Download the amazing festival it is – we couldn’t do it without you!