Are you a Downloader who’d jump at the chance to get work experience at your favourite festival? And, want a glimpse behind the scenes of how it all works?
Why should I volunteer?
If you volunteer at Download 2020 you’ll get to work across the festival and help Downloaders to get the most out of their weekend!
When volunteering you’ll get to see behind the scenes, meet other volunteers from across the country and around the globe, gain valuable experience for your CV, and help us to continue making Download the best rock festival in the world!
When joining us as a volunteer at Download you’ll be provided with entry to the festival, lots of free time, you’ll make new friends whilst volunteering, get access to staff camping, cafe, toilets and showers, and most importantly be part of a totally awesome experience!
What does a volunteer do?
Volunteers assist with a wide variety of areas and it’d be tricky to list everything you could get up to ,but some of the most common roles include:
- Assisting Downloaders with directions.
- Helping Downloaders carry their belongings and pitch their tents.
- Answering questions about Download performances and line-ups.
- Reporting any problems such as a build-up of litter or faulty facilities.
- Work alongside Download Fire Safety, Medical and Security teams.
- Keeping an eye on the Download campsites from the fire towers.
- Helping out with various roles across the Download Festival site including pedestrian and vehicle gates, wristband exchanges, keeping an eye on facilities, monitoring stages and walkways.