We have a huge number of agencies that work at Download Festival to keep everyone safe. Festival Republic and Live Nation have developed a safeguarding policy that outlines our statement of intent towards the well-being and human rights of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and outlines the strategies that we have in place to safeguard customers and staff from abuse, which includes harm and neglect.
Together, as a team, we strive to offer a 24/7 all-inclusive safeguarding system meaning whatever support or treatment is required, it can be provided as quickly as possible within the festival site. We believe that no one should experience abuse of any kind, and that we have a duty of care to protect customers and staff as much as is practicable and proportionate. This is regardless of age, disability, gender, race, domestic situation, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
Helping us deliver our Safeguarding policy are:
- Change, Grow, Live – a reliable point of contact in the Campsite Village. The CGL Team provide a friendly and welcoming face, a listening ear and provide an advance and info service, which covers all things drugs, alcohol, sexual health and wellbeing.
- Samaritans – the volunteer team are expertly trained at listening and providing comfort to those in need.
- The Welfare Crew - For when that friendly face isn’t quite enough, our welfare team provide a warm and comfortable place to stay for however long someone may need. They work hard towards the right outcome depending on the case. This might be providing professional advice, involving the parent(s) and guardian(s), linking in with our partner agencies or enabling everybody to feel safe and happy once more to enjoy the duration of the festival.
- Open Road – Providing our Safeguarding coordinators
- Elite EMS – Providing medical care for anyone in need.
- In the past we have worked with also worked with Safe Gigs for Women to raise awareness for unwanted attention at gigs and we plan to work with them again this year.
- The Chaplaincy – Active throughout the site, the Chaplaincy team provide a friendly face and listening ear for festivalgoers.